Well, 2019 is coming to a close. We will see tons of reflections and ideas that people excelled in and failed in. Personal reflection can be massively powerful and just like tracking your Fran score or logging your food it can be really helpful to do a quick look at how the year went. There are a few reasons this is extremely important. The first is, you don’t know where you are going if you don’t know where you have been. The second is we live and see ourselves every day and if we don’t stop to see what we have accomplished it can be difficult to tell the trees from the forest. For example, the gym grew massively this year. Not just in people but in accomplishments. We hosted our first Great Lakes Strongman Event that was insane and amazing, we had more people complete the 12 Days of Crossfit then that have signed up in the past (that is nuts!), and we had more people complete MU in the Crossfit Open (14) than any other year. Of course, this is just a few things. There have been an insane amount of PRs, 5ks, Ragnar Relays, CrossFit and lifting competitions, Triathlons, and many other competitions and events and community accomplishments that all of you have done. But we can’t know these things if we never reflect back. So for this upcoming year here are a few things to look at to start the year off fresh and with motivation and direction.
- What happened this year that you were grateful for?
- What hard things did I overcome this year?
- What did 2019 teach me?
- Who positively impacted my life this year?
- How am I different from the person I was last January?
- What relationships do I need to strengthen in 2020?
- What do I need to start doing?
- What do I need to stop doing?
- What do I need to keep doing?
- What’s one small thing I can do to get 1% better every day?
Happy New Year!